Tuesday, February 19, 2013

40 Day Paleo Challenge - Days 6 & 7

Yesterday was a day off (hooray) and today I had a reunion with co-workers from 3 jobs ago, back when I was a process engineer in the manufacturing industry. We met at a restaurant and I hadn't had a chance to eat beforehand. I watched all the other folks eat burgers and fries and all sorts of things that looked and smelled delicious. But I kept reminding myself of something my mom posted this morning...

This one's for you, mom!
I came home about 2.5 hours later and was especially pleased with my dinner (and my solid willpower!). I don't feel like rambling much today, so I'll just recap my food for the last two days.

Day 6
Breakfast
The usual (eggs, veggies, cup of coffee).

Lunch
Herb roasted chicken, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes at a natural/organic market and cafe.

Snack
Double-layer fudge sans chocolate chips.

Dinner
Curry!  If you know me, you know I LOOOOVE curry. We bought Green Curry mix and Ghost Pepper salt from Savory Spice Shop. Fantastic selection there! Our curry included cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, red onion, carrots, mushrooms, bok choi, coconut milk, green curry spices, and the ghost pepper salt. I thought it would be weird to make curry without the rice, but that is hardly the case.

Snack
Same as earlier. That was the last of the batch :(

Day 7
Breakfast
An apple and cashews. Ran short on time.

Lunch
Leftover curry.

Snack
Paleo Simplified's new bar: chocolate coconut almond crunch (SO YUMMY!!!!! Deserves extra !!!!!!)

Dinner
Leftover bacon chicken alfredo from Day 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment