Friday, February 15, 2013

40 Day Paleo Challenge - Day 3

Captain's log, star date 3.  Sorry, we're clearly watching and episode of Star Trek right now. Nerd alert! On that same note, have I mentioned my love for Doctor Who?



I will admit it; there were two moments today where my thoughts were something along the lines of, "Ugh, it's only Day 3!" One was in the middle of the day (another long day -- worked from 6:15 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.), and my second moment was just now, after salsa class. Marcos and I graduated from Level 1 salsa last Friday. If any of you are familiar with salsa dancing, we now know:
  • basic step
  • sombrero
  • sweetheart
  • cross body lead
Today, we started Level 2 (learning the hammerlock now). It's also on Friday's, just before the Level 1 class. Normally, after class, we stick around for the social. The dance studio turns into a mini-club, and we usually stay to get some extra practice in. Then, we usually go to one of our favorite restaurants (Grill 54 for you Tampanians), have some Roberto-style calamari and and adult beverage or two. It's a fantastic way to end the week. However, since we are doing the Paleo challenge, Grill 54 was a no-go.  That was  mini-hurdle today.

But on the plus side, I have made a few observations about how I feel today:
  • slept like a rock last night
  • woke up ready to go (did I mentioned I started working at 6:15?!)
  • felt full of energy all day 
  • didn't get sleepy after lunch
  • felt good in my jeans at salsa :)
So, I'm ending the day feeling strong and excited to see what kind of results 40 days will bring!

Food for the day... sorry, no crappy photos this time:
Breakfast
Need I list it? The usual - scrambled eggs + veggies, onion bread.

Lunch
Feeling like a broken record... leftovers. This time it was both the dishes that we made at the end of Day 1.

Snack
Paleo chocolate/blueberry bread that we also made on Day 1, but didn't mention or eat until Day 2.

2nd Snack
Just before salsa class, I had a banana to tie me over until we returned from class.

Dinner
I hate to late so late in the evening, but I plan on getting up and doing a core workout and some cardio (maybe a run?). So I'm having a salad that Marcos is making now. Ingredients: mixed greens, peppers, grated carrots, black pepper, salt, and Kalamazoo Olive Co's Ginger and Honey olive oil. And a "slice" of the raw onion bread. Yum!

Congrats to all who completed Day 3! I hope your day was successful and you're feeling good. If not, no worries, tomorrow is another day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment