Wednesday, February 20, 2013

40 Day Paleo Challenge - Day 8

Holy french fries, Batman! We've reach Day 8!

Started today with the Strong Confidence lower body workout from LovingFit. Then got ready faster than I thought was possible and went off to work. I had an ultrasound on my neck today as well, will get the results next week. I'm not too concerned - it's likely hypothyroidism, which is no big deal. It runs in the family and can be monitored as well as "corrected" with supplements. I'd like to avoid any form of pills, if possible. We'll see where that all goes.

This evening we cooked up a large batch of food to get us through the next few days. Being prepared makes this challenge so much easier. And I'll be honest, I figured that this was going to be tough. I have moments where I wish I could have something non-Paleo, but that wish quickly goes away when I count all the ways this is (and has already started to) positively impact me.

Tonight, my amazing husband offered to do the bulk of the cooking so I could work a little extra. He grilled steaks, chicken wings, and hot Italian sausages.  And he prepped a nice side salad to go with it.  I roasted some veggies and made the Blueberry Chocolate Loaf (sans chocolate chips) from PaleOMG. I'm pretty convinced that our home cooked food is far greater than the food at most restaurants.  Besides, cooking at home yields cheaper, healthier, cooked-to-order just-as-we-like-it meals. Can't go wrong with that!

Meals for the day....
Breakfast
Eggs + veggies, "slice" of dehydrated onion bread, cup of coffee.

Lunch
Leftover curry from yesterday.

Snack
Paleo Simplified bar and a banana.

Dinner
Salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, Kalamazoo Olive Co's fig balsamic vinegar and Tuscan herb olive oil), roasted veggies (cauliflower, squash, garlic, olive oil, salt pepper), and meat. I had a chicken wing and an Italian sausage.  I am a very happy woman right now. :) It's likely that I'll try a little slice of the Blueberry Chocolate loaf to round out my day. I really need to work on reducing my food quantity in the evening. Unfortunately, we have been having dinner somewhat late, so we're really hungry by the time we eat. Which is no excuse for the larger quantity, but at least it's all Paleo. :)  As the challenge goes on, I'll work to correct this. But... not tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Go Dano GO! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Marcos and I are feeling great. It doesn't even feel like a challenge anymore. He was pretty excited because he was able to wear a shirt to salsa class last night that has been too tight for him up until now. :)

      Delete