Wednesday, March 20, 2013

40 Day Paleo Challenge - Days 35 & 36



Went in for lab work (blood test of T3, T4, TSH, and anti-thyroglobulin antibodies) today. Hopefully the turnaround is quick.  I'm not feeling like my usual, positive self today. I feel like someone has come up and burst my happy bubble. I cried twice at work and once on the way home. Granted, I am a very sensitive person and cry very easily (there is usually one story each morning on the news that is able to get me all teary-eyed).  But today's cry's were for me. I know tomorrow I will look back at the way I feel right now and scoff at myself, because my "problems" are so minuscule. But some days, the stress of it all (work and this thyroid junk) just weighs a little too heavily on you. That's all I have to say about that. Promise to be on the up and up tomorrow. I'm already feeling better, now that I've shared. Thanks, free blog therapy.

Day 35
Breakfast
The usual.

Lunch
A weird assortment of whatever I could quickly grab between meetings: grilled steak, an apple, cashews.

Snack
Carrot muffin -- we love these things

Dinner
We got a new juicer! We had juice for dinner, consisting of beets, celery, carrots, spinach, apples. We were inspired from watching "Hungry for Change" the night before. Ironically, the juice we bought is the same one used by Joe Cross from "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." If you haven't heard of that documentary, watch it. Also, "Food Matters." 

Day 36
Breakfast
The usual - minus onion bread.

Lunch
Baked mahi-mahi (garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne), roasted veggies (broccoli, onion, squash), roasted asparagus.

Snack
A banana and cashews. I love cashews.

Dinner
For the 3rd time in all of the 40 days, we went out to eat at a Brazilian steakhouse. Stuck to the salad bar and meat only. With the way I am feeling today, I had to battle ever ounce of my will to say no to the half off bottle of wine special. Don't worry, I didn't give in. Still going strong.


1 comment: