Sunday, March 17, 2013

40 Day Paleo Challenge - Days 32 & 33



Happy St. Patrick's Day!  What are you doing to celebrate? I'm... not doing anything. Ha. And one of my several backgrounds is Irish.  I am seeing tons of photos on Facebook of people out drinking, and the best part is, I don't feel like I'm missing out. This Paleo stint has been so good to me and so good for me. Feeling great, feeling good!!!!

I've been majorly productive this weekend, and feel like I am finally sitting down to relax (for the moment). My thoughts are all over the place, and for this post, I am going to be totally random. Enjoy my craziness.

I love Pink. Ever since that concert, I've been obsessed. During every workout, that's my background music. My neighbors were at the same concert that we attended, only FEET from Pink!! They got some good pics, and let us borrow their DVD of Pink in concert in Australia (from her Funhouse tour). She's amazing. Love. Her.

I have a Star Trek running in the background while I write this. Love that, too!

I just made another batch of carrot muffins. I added a bit of cocoa powder to the batch, and as they were cooling, I created my own Paleo "icing." I slowly melted down some creamed coconut, and then put it into a cup that would easily pour the "icing" onto the muffins. Before pouring, I let it sit for a minute or two to thicken up. Delicious. I love Paleo eating. We're definitely continuing this style after our "challenge" (which has not been a challenge at all!).

Another thing I love: Quicken. Totally random. But it's a super simple piece of software that let's me manage our budget, our plans to save for various things (build up our "just in case" savings, Brazil vacation savings, etc.). It gives me good insight into what is happening with our money. I've always been pretty good at managing our money flow, but Quicken makes things SO MUCH EASIER.

I decided to try something I saw on Pinterest this weekend. It's a painting.  I'm not recreating the exact same painting, but am using the method shown. I will share it once it's finished :) I still have a few steps to complete, so let's pray it comes out okay! I should have taken photos as I completed each step so I could share here. C'est la vie.

Yesterday was my last day of 6 weeks straight of training. Today begins my rest week, as is my recently adopted format.  I will probably attend some yoga classes this week and go for walks, but mostly, I'll take it easy. Then I'll start up my next 6 weeks of training. I'll probably come up with a new format to switch things up.  I'll share the new format once I have figured out what is ideal for my schedule.

Marcos & I have one more class of level 2 Salsa. Then we move on to level 3! Crazy. I can't believe how fast the classes are going.

Okay, on to the food diary part of my blog. Enough ADD. I am only part way through today (Day 33), so I will guess at my next few meals and update accordingly later.

Day 32
Breakfast
The usual. I love that I can use that phrase.

Lunch
Rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods, and salad (mixed greens, tomato, grated carrots, Kalamazoo Olive Co.'s Tuscan olive oil and fig balsamic vinegar)

Snack
Carrot muffin

Dinner
Mixed nuts, green apple -- wasn't very hungry

Day 33

Breakfast
The usual.

Lunch
Grilled steak and salad

Snack
Carrot muffin

Dinner
Slow-cooked soup (chicken, yellow squash, zucchini, Brussels sprouts, celery, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper)


No comments:

Post a Comment